Recommended needle is size 6 US. Care: Gentle hand wash, dry flat in shade. Do not tumble dry and do not dry clean.
The Moda Dea dream poncho is coming along nicely as well as the Crayon bathrobe. So many projects I want to be working on but work always gets in the way. :-)
The other thing I need to show you is my traveling knit kit. I'm going to put a knitting pic on top of this and then glaze it, but for now, you know what it is.
I say all this to get to my point.........yesterday I "helped" pick up rocks around the farm by driving the tractor while DH picked up the rocks and tossed them into the front loader, and yes I had my small project knitting with me, as you can see here. We went from having tornado warnings on Thursday evening to having beautiful weather on Fri, Sat and today as well.
As you can see by this serene scene on my driveway.....
heeeheeee, here I am with my knitting as I drive the tractor!
I'm debating whether I want to drive into Nashville today to the LYS because Cheryl Schaefer is in town. Do I want to drive 60+ miles one way on a day off? mmm, gotta think about that one.
UPDATE: Nope, decided not to leave the peace of the farm.
The next SAL sock is the Scrunchie Sock. The yarn I'll be using is Araucania. A hand dyed yarn from Chile. It is 75% Wool and 25% Polyamide. I'm excited to see the color patterning.
I also do the sock-a-long from theknitter.com. The next pattern is Scattered Leaves and the yarn is from Cherry Hill Tree. I still have to wind a ball for it but will get started soon.
I'm also going to be test-knitting some socks for an un-named author and I'll be casting on with Louet Gems in a mauve color.
Gift Certificates are always good
from Haus of Yarn
Row Counter/Cutter (link to buy)
Fold n Store Bag
DVD’s by Lucy Neatby
-Knitting Gems II
-Knitting Essentials III and IV
Vermont Fiber Designs:
#146 – Collared Pullover
#158 - Cabled Pullover
#159 - Scalloped Edge Pullover
#141 - Twist Rib Long Sleeve Pullover
YARN FOR SOCKS:
100 grams for a pair of socks.
So if skeins are 100 grams, only need 1 skein.
If skeins are 50 grams, need 2 skeins.
A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker (Amazon link)
A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker (Amazon link)
A Fourth Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker (Amazon link)
The Stitch Collection (Amazon link)
GENERAL NON-KNITTING STUFF:
Dell Netbook (10")
1. Bathrobe from Knitpicks using Crayon yarn, lime green in color. This is a Christmas present for my sister-in-law. Using 2 strands of Crayon throughout on Size 8 needles.
2. Socks, pattern by Leah Oakley, using Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn on size 1 needles.
3. Socks, pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, using Jawoll Lang yarn in navy blue, 2 at once on 2 circulars.
4. Lace scarf, pattern form One-Skein Wonders. Errata in the pattern but easy to figure it out by mimicking the stitches on paper. (can't remember the yarn and can't find the label, but it's lace weight and I'm using Size 8 needles.
5. Ball band dishcloth. Using Sugar n Cream Jewels and Lion Brand cotton in Seaspray. Started out with Size 8 needles and changed to Size 7, I like he Size 7 look much better.
6. Heartbeat Sweater - still on the needles and still just working on the sides. (It's been in time-out)
Pictures showing progress:
This is the completed kimono for a friend of ours who is having a baby girl in November.