New hat project

It's been a very busy August here in middle Tennessee. We've been getting bulldozer work done which then caused us to have to pick up rocks, in order to get a pad ready to build a garage/workshop. It should be started the week after Labor Day.

Meanwhile, on the needles is Ollie. It's a Knitwhits pattern using 8 colors at the same time. What I have of course is a tangled mess, but it's fun so far. My husband helped place the colors in their order. The weird thing is that you knit on straight needles then seam it up. I would rather knit in the round so I may have to work on that for the next one.

Here are some pictures of the work in progress:


3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is looking good!!Can't wait to see it when it is finished!! Hope your staying cool and having a great labor day weekend!!

Tina said...

Cute colors! If you can figure out a way to knit it in the round without going back and forth, let me know, but with circular knitting you will find that the yarn will be in the wrong place each row...

Chele said...

Wow, I commend you. I wouldn't even had attempt this project. I don't know how to change colors in knit yet. :-( I'm in the firsttimesockknitterskal yahoo group with you. I can ont wait to see your finished product. I'm also not good at the sewing that is why I stick witht he socks. lol

sondoras aka Michele