Socks, socks and more socks

A Finished Object: These socks were knit with Mountain Colors Bearfoot. The pattern is by a local designer, Leah Oakley, and it's called Handpaint Highlights. This was one of the sock patterns for the monthly Sock-a-Long at Nashville LYS Haus of Yarn. Leah leads the SAL group and she has many fabulous sock patterns too. Her designs have been published in several books.


The next SAL sock is the Scrunchie Sock. The yarn I'll be using is Araucania. A hand dyed yarn from Chile. It is 75% Wool and 25% Polyamide. I'm excited to see the color patterning.
I also do the sock-a-long from theknitter.com. The next pattern is Scattered Leaves and the yarn is from Cherry Hill Tree. I still have to wind a ball for it but will get started soon.
I'm also going to be test-knitting some socks for an un-named author and I'll be casting on with Louet Gems in a mauve color.

Comments

Kathy... said…
Really nice patterns! Like your colorway of Mountain Bearfoot yarn. I have never used it, but there is a coloway at my LYS, and I keep hiding it in the bottom of the bin. Trying to justify bringing it home.

I think you will enjoy the Louet Gems. Makes beautiful socks! The Chilean yarn is new to me. I may have to search that one out, as I am seeing it on quite a few blogs. People seem to really like it.
Elle said…
Kathy, I loved the Mountain Bearfoot yarn. It actually felt silky, I couldn't believe it. Get it now!!! It's worth it.

I made some socks out of Louet Gems before (the picture of them will actually get published in a new book) you can see them on my blog under June, Fan Fair in Nashville. I did enjoy the yarn then as well. Yes, I'm excited about trying out the Chilean yarn, I may have to cast on very soon.
Carrie Penny said…
Very pretty! Congrats on the win, I still can't believe that you guys beat us though....
Leah said…
We missed you last Thursday....hope you make it next month!