Knitting Retreat 2008

Last August my knitting buddies and I went to The Cabin at Stillwaters Farm in Cumberland Furnace, TN for our first annual knitting retreat, the Paralegals with Needles Getaway. It is considered a B&B but you actually get a complete cabin with full kitchen, bathroom with shower, bedroom downstairs and 2 twin beds in the loft, with a wonderful screened-in back porch and a nice front porch.....all of it nestled on 100 acres in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee. 2 of us went back this past weekend and had a glorious 2 days of just knitting. We both had already come down with spring colds and we had the sniffles and coughs but had a good time nonetheless. I was working on a long-term project that had been in time-out and it is now on the homestretch of being completed. Pictures to come later. My knitsib has already blogged about the weekend and took pictures, so you are welcome to visit her blog and take a look. I placed the link for The Cabin above too, in case you want a beautiful remote getaway with all the amenities.
I'm limited to blogging and looking at blogs just on weekends now and I came across this post and although I don't have the second sock syndrome, I thought it was a cool decorating idea. I may have to learn to have this affliction.

I have been using Knitpicks Crayon, 100% pima cotton, for my long term project mentioned above (it's a gift so I can't speak of it too much) and I really have to say nice things about this yarn. It is wonderfully soft and nice to work with. It still has some drying effect on the hands but it doesn't seem to be as bad as other cottons. The swatch that I washed had very little shrinkage and made it even more plush. I highly recommend it. I've been working in garter stitch double-stranded and the yarn is a little nubby, so not sure how it would look in stockinette, but in garter it's very nice.

Projects already on my needles needing finished:
1. Clapotis (Knitpicks Essential)
2. Heartbeat Sweater (75%-80% complete)
3. Socks - Pennants pattern (getting ready to frog this one)
4. Socks - Guilty Pleasures from One-Skein Wonders
5. Beaded Scarf
6. DH's sweater that my Mom started before she died
7. Gift project mentioned above

Overall, not too many active projects on the needles.

Projects waiting to be Cast-on:
1. Calorimetry (nope, one of the few who hasn't made one yet)
2. Clapotis (smaller scarf version) in this yarn in Verdigris color
3. Socks, socks, socks
4. Swing Down Coat
5. Gloves (gift)
6. Baby sweater (90% done) and booties for a July baby
7. Slip Stich Pullover
8. Crossover Scarf
9. Lacy scarf "Branching Out"
10. French Market Bag
11. Hemp Net Shopping Bag
12. Baby Surprise Jacket with Debbie Bliss cotton
13. Felted travel bag

Comments

Kathy... said…
Your list of projects, current and future is very impressive! Good luck on accomplishing everything.

I am having problems with your friend's link to her blog.... so will have to come back and try later. I am anxious to see photos of your retreat. It sounds like a wonderful getaway time!!
Kathy... said…
I was able to access her blog this morning. The cabin and surrounding area is gorgeous! Such a beautiful setting for a fun get-away....sniffles and all. I am green with envy!

k