Spindolyn, Clapotis and more yarn

I purchased this Spindolyn at the Middle Tennessee Fiber Festival too but it just came in the mail. They had actually run out of them so I placed my order. Catherine showed me how to use it while I was there and the concept was fabulous. You place the base between your legs and then you don't have to waste one of your hands holding the spindle. You can see the video on how to use it here.
I started the Clapotis in March as part of the Nashville Knitting Guild KAL. I made the larger stole version and I am almost done with it. I am on the decrease rows and have really enjoyed knitting this project. I am not planning on blocking it becasue I love the ribbed effect when it's not wrapped around me. I knit it with KnitPicks Elegance in the Cornflower colorway. Elegance is 70% baby alpaca and 30% silk. It is very luxurious next to my skin.


Scored some more yarn while at knit night at Haus of Yarn.



I purchased this Noro sock yarn to make a triangular shawl.


Comments

smelk-o-matic said…
Yeah, you had a good time that night!! Love the tape measure in these shots!! ;)

Smiles,
Erin