Thorpe for DH

I subscribe to the Yarn of the Month. Last month, I received a sample in red of Berroco Cuzco. A luxurious 50% alpaca and 50% Peruvian wool. I fell in love with it and immediately started looking for a project to make with this delicious yarn. I swatched!! After continuous inspiration from Kathy, I decided to make the Thorpe for my DH (pattern can be found on Ravelry). He loves red and I decided to order the yarn from Webs. The yarn is wonderful to work with and the Thorpe is a great pattern. I know he wanted an ear flap hat for working on the farm in the winter and the Thorpe fits the need perfectly. It is great!! Today it is about 38-40 degrees and quite breezy. He asked for his hat......here he is modeling it before setting out to work. :-) (I think this is the first knit project I have made for him)

I made his in size large and I have purchased the same yarn but in hunter green for me. I will make mine in medium. He says the hat is perfect because it doesn't ride up, it keeps his neck and eyebrows warm without affecting his field of vision. Best hat I could have made. It is the first top-down hat I've made and I really liked it. Kudos to the designer.

Comments

Kathy... said…
What a great looking DH....oh and the hat's great too! LOL!!

Seriously - great job. It is the warmest hat around, and a fun one to make too.

My DH gets one for Christmas. I am not familiar with the yarn you chose, but it sounds great. I may have to investigate......