Spindling.......and spinning a new yarn

The Spindle I bought at Stitches South is very light weight and I like it's design. My Wednesday lunch knitting buddy gave me some yellow roving to practice with and I have been practicing. Drafting the yarn is definitely the hardest part to learn and since I'm doing it on my own, I'm probably developing some bad habits. A friend and I are taking an actual spindle class from our LYS in July so I guess I'll find out what bad habits I've learned. :-)
Here's what I've done so far.


Comments

I understand that spinning is very addictive!
Alicia Aarnio said…
Yayyy!! I think I had my drop spindle for a few months before I decided to get a wheel. It's lots and lots of fun :) That's a really neat spindle!
LeAnn said…
Looks good so far. But I'm still holding out. I drug all my yarn out this weekend, and DAMN!
Kathy... said…
I'm impressed! And that comes from someone who spent most of Sunday afternoon playing with her spindle. Mine looks like a 4th grade boy scout did it at camp.! There will be no blog photos of mine.....
Carrie Penny said…
See, I have got to find my husband a job in TN! We don't have much spinning here (an hour away...) and no one seems to want to learn with me... Your practice seems to look good to me. I am pretty sure it is better than what mine would look like.