Fourth of July, the love of 3-day weekends and the Tour de France

I absolutely LOVE 3-day weekends and wish I had them 2 or 3 times a month, but as human nature would prevail, I would then want 4-day weekends, so for now I will cherish my 3 day weekends.
We were invited to several parties to celebrate the 4th and we opted to go to John and Kitty's in Clarksville, since they will be moving later this year. It was a fun party, delicious food and great fireworks. They have a beautiful view overlooking the river and their landscaping was great and fit the environment just perfectly. I wish I had a desire to play in the dirt, but I guess if I did, it would take time away from knitting.
I tried casting on for Citron several times last night as I thought I would make it my Tour de France ("TDF") project. I'm using Misti Alpaca Lace in a beautiful purple. I ripped it out 4 times already and finally put it down. My problem is that I'm trying to do it on metal needles rather than bamboo and that's not going to work, it's too slippery. So today, I will try it again on wooden needles and since this is just Day 2 of the TDF, I can still count it as my TDF project. The pattern uses Malabrigo Lace, which I do have as well and I may have to switch to that if I can't get the Misti Alpaca to work.
Otherwise, Ishbel (Rav Link) is coming along nicely. I'm almost done with the stockinette portion. Then I can start the pretty lace pattern.
Hope everyone has a safe 4th and I'm off to watch the Tour.

Comments

Citron is a pretty shawl and I'm looking forward to seeing yours. A friend here is knitting one. It's looking beautiful and I'm sure yours will too!
Christina said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said…
You've been bitten by the lace bug...yippppeeee! I love it. Can't wait to see your projects.
LeAnn said…
I've thought of you every time I've listened to the Knitmore Girls recently. They're training for the Tour de Fleece. :)