UFO's

It's still extremely hot here. The other afternoon upon leaving work, I get into my car (who the hell knows how hot it is inside my car, I don't EVEN want to measure that) and my outside temp gauge shows 104. That is just way too hot and it has been endless. Rarely any clouds although this past week, we did get an afternoon thundershower that just made things nice and STEAMY!!



I have been working on some UFO's lately, in addition to some long term projects. One of the items that I stalled on for some reason was the Garter Yoke Baby Cardi. It was a fun knit and I went like gangbusters on it until I got halfway done with the 2nd sleeve, then I stalled. I had less than 1.5 hours left on it and just quit. I don't know why. Anway, the knitting is done!!! I need to block and add 4 buttons and I'm done with it. I may just add this to my Gift box.


Meanwhile, I was asked (and somehow I agreed) to knit a baby set for the Minnie Pearl Silent Auction. I'm going to knit it in the soft and washable Plymouth DreamBaby D.K. Not typically my yarn of choice but it should be good for the general public who is unaware of handwashing knits. I need to get started on it because they have to have it by mid-September and I guess I need to pick a cardigan that doesn't have buttons, maybe just a tie, so it can be for a girl or boy. Any suggestions?

My other UFO's that are begging to be finished:

  • Lace Ribbon Scarf
  • Potato Chip Scarf #1
  • Ishbel
  • Tango Scarf - black & white
  • Light Blue socks

As you can see my UFO list has dwindled down and I'm feeling good about that. I have made some additional yarn purchases and I am sooooo eager to cast on for them, but I'm trying to be good and hold off just yet.

Comments

The Garter Yoke Baby Cardigan is just adorable! Your yarn choice was perfect.
LeAnn said…
Hey! You finished it! Now don't you fee better? It turned out great and I expect an in-person showing the next time I see you.
LeAnn said…
Oh, and if you want to do something a little more mainstream for the auction item, what about a simple old-fashioned cardi? I made one with this pattern a while back: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lutzling-sweater