Playing with color

A welcome sight.........some dark clouds which gave us a pretty good shower. My grass was thirsty. :-) One of the first batts I spun was purchased from Adair Fiber at the Middle Tennessee Fiber Festival. I didn't find it nearly as soft as say a BFL or a merino. I only had 2 oz of it so I didn't really want to Navajo ply it, so I thought I would ply it with some cream colored alpaca I also bought at the festival. Then I thought it would be fun to add in some YLI Pearly Crown Rayon for some added color. I had miscalculated how many yards of single I would have in my 2 oz batt, so my 200 yards of Magenta colored YLI Pearly Crown didn't go as far as planned. So...........I thought it would be fun to play with a different color of YLI to see what kind of effect it would give.

The first skein I did was with the Magenta colored YLI Rayon. I ended up with about 180 yards.

The second skein was plied with a teal color in the YLI Rayon. You can see the differences pretty easily and it's fun to see what adding different colored fibers will do to a finished skein.

Comments