Inflamed

Sometimes the really bad knee flares up to the point that I can't walk. That happened this weekend, Saturday to be exact. It's a good thing I bought a walker several years back because the cane alone just wouldn't work. The knee was so inflamed I couldn't straighten it or bend it, just too painful. Today is marginally better, I can at least get around a little with the cane. It feels best when lying down and elevated. I'm not sure what caused the flare up but I'm working through it.

I did get a little knitting done on the Arianna tank, which will be worn under a blouse or cardigan. It's in a light teal which is one of my favorite colors. It's interesting the way it's knit. The slipped stitches are what makes it look diagonal, very cool. The pattern calls for Berroco Glace but I'm using Kollage Delicious. Both are tape yarns and I think will show a good stitch definition. I've had this yarn in my stash for a little while and have already frogged 2 or 3 of the projects it tried to be, so we'll see how the life expectancy is on this one. My plan at the moment is to make the back in stockinette and the front with the diagonal pattern.

I finished Nola's slippers. these are very comfy and I'm waiting for cold weather. It's still up in the high 80's, albeit cooler than it was in August, it's still hot. These were fun to knit and an easy (and free) pattern to follow. Easily modifiable to fit the size foot you need. I used some stash yarn, maybe Lion Brand Wool? Gotta find that label......

That's all for now, gotta go elevate.

Comments

Liana, I hope you feel better soon! That knee sounds very painful. It must be keeping you from work too.
Rebecca said…
sorry to hear about your knee - glad you're resting up to take care of it
heal quickly and happy knitting :D
Kathy... said…
Oh Dear! I hope you are feeling better real soon!