An update with no photos

Seriously, I have been knitting and spinning, I just don't have any photos at the moment to prove it.
I just finished teaching the Baby Surprise Jacket at Enchanted Yarn in Clarksville. It's a lovely store with an even more lovely store owner, so if you haven't been, check it out. While teaching the class, I had to get some class samples ready so that took time away from my other knitting. But the class is over, I will get both BSJ's done and put away and get back to the regular scheduled programming. :-)
I will be binding off on sock #2 of my 2nd pair of Raggi socks tonight. Yippeeee, these are wonderful house socks and totally machine-washable. They are a little thick for my "business" shoes but great for my houseshoes. I will need to start another pair of business socks soon though.
I'm also working on a pair of fingerless gloves in ribbing with some leftover alpaca, so soft and warm. Finished one preemie blanket for Hospice and have started another. The aqua shell got put aside while I was working on the BSJ's but I'll get back to it shortly.
As for spinning, yep still going at it. I finished spinning one single in a bright multi-colorway, now I'm doing a single in a solid ecru and will ply them together.

As for movies, watched The Rum Diary this weekend with Johnny Depp. Good movie, he always does a good job. Also watched Crazy, Stupid Love on PPV. funny and cute love story.

DH and I started watching the Ken Burns Prohibition show. It just continues to amaze me that people (even still today) think that if you pass a nationwide law that everyone will obey that law and all of the country's problems will go away. Prohibition should prove to everyone that that theory just doesn't hold up. Laws ONLY keep the honest people honest. There are lawbreakers everywhere and they will break the law no matter what. Which brings me to this Anti-Gun matter that everyone is so hot about. Seriously folks, do you really think that if guns are outlawed that all the guns go away? No, because remember the statement above, laws will be broken by bad people and do you really only want the bad people to have the guns in our country? Right now, the bad people don't know who of the "honest" group has guns. They rarely attack people in their own home because they don't know that you might not have a gun to shoot them when they come in through the door. If they outlaw guns and the honest people turn in their guns (cause that's what honest people do, we follow the law) well guess what.........now the bad dishonest people who don't follow the law will have the guns and can attack anyone, anywhere. your home, a bar, a restaurant, etc. Think about it folks. Feel free to discuss and leave comments. :-)

OK, I'll get off my soapbox.

That's it for now, will post pics when I get a chance.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Liana, it was so nice to meet you on Saturday at Enchanted Yarn. Thanks so much for your patience with me and for guiding me along with my hat I'm working on. I finished all the way up to the first row where I have to start decreasing and I'm excited to finish it up, probably in the next day or so.

Take care,
Crystal
Elle said…
Crystal,
Thanks for the comment, I don't have your email addy so can't respond to you directly.
It was wonderful to sit beside you on Saturday and I'm so proud of what you've already accomplished. You picked up that purl stitch easily and were rockin' on the ribbing. You are hooked already!
Look forward to seeing you again.
Rebecca said…
oooh looking forward to seeing that fiber you're speaking of in its yarn stage
and also to dseeing all those FO's
as for gun thing, totally agree
here in france did you know that if you shoot a robber in YOUR OWN HOME, even if that robber has a gun, you go to prison. there is no "legitimate defense" thing here.
well, there kind of is - what you would need to do is take the robber's hand and gun and make his dead or injured self shoot towards the wall where you had been standing when you shot him so they think he shot at you first
stupid