As some of you may know, I was laid off in November 2010 and while I enjoyed some glorious 8 months off, I needed to get back to work. So, I took a contract job in July. While that has been great fun (aka hard work) I was still keeping my eye open for a permanent gig so that I could get benefits, 401k, paid sick days, vacation etc. I had a couple of interviews here and there, gotta keep those interview skills honed even though you may not be interested in the job. I had one in September/October that I really liked, 2nd interview happened rather quickly then I was told that they had to put the position on hold until after the first of the year. Totally understanding that, I told them that if I was still available when they were ready to hire, I would be interested.
Well they called 2 weeks ago and offered the position. I start Jan 3rd with very good benefits. So after Tuesday, I will have 2 weeks off to get some things done, relax during the holidays and get that ever desirous over-50 required colonoscopy over with. I've got some sewing to do, some knitting, spinning, etc. so I'm excited.
What have I been working on this past month........
1. Lap blankets and preemie blankets for Hospice. (no pictures)
2. Another Summer Flies Shawl, this time using Aslan Trends Alpaca Melange in an aqua blue. (gorgeous) I'm over half-way through.
3. Pie-Wedge Shawl in Lorna's Laces lace (purple) - I've made a mistake on this one but I'm forging ahead, mistake be damned.
3. Pie-Wedge Shawlette. I cast on fewer stitches for this one so it would be more of a shawlette size. This is in Suri Alpaca in aqua blue.
4. Raggi socks. I've finished 2 pair and making a 3rd.
5. Spinning. haven't had as much time to spin lately, but I'll be changing that very soon.
6. Fingerless mitts out of some leftover alpaca. I made them in 3x3 ribbing and extra long. Love them!
That's about it for now.
Happy Holidays to all of you.