Baby Surprise Jacket and more

One of my very dear knitsibs (Carole) is going to be a grandmother for the first time on Monday the 26th. Our Thursday night knit group had a little baby shower for her. As a group effort we had made a baby blanket. There were 6 of us and we each knit 6 squares. One each of four different solid colors and two of the variegated colors. Then Reyna did her magic and crocheted them all together. This pic is from my Blackberry so it's not the best, but I think the basic concept and view is there. The best part is that I think Carole loved it.
I also finished the Baby Surprise Jacket in Katia and gave that to Carole.
I didn't like the way the neck looked like it would choke a baby, so I tacked it down with little kitty buttons.

Then I made a card for us all to sign. This is paper embroidery. It's so much fun.


I went to Michaels looking for a gift bag and found this plain white ceramic piggy bank. I then went to the stickers aisle and holy cow.........there are so many stickers to pick from. Well, I finally settled on some and did this.........


and on the other side...............

We all had fun and she received some great gifts. I suppose Grandmother's don't usually get baby showers, but she is the first in our little group that has had some type of baby event, so we just had to do it.

Comments

Rebecca said…
<3+++++++
great idea on bsj, love the blanket, love the love you're showering on your grandmother to be friend!
piggy bank is priceless!
LeAnn said…
Such a great job you did on all of those projects. Beautiful, as usual.
captainhook said…
Hey, thanks for posting the pics. I love the card you made and the piggy bank and the surprise jacket with its cute little buttons too.