November weather

Good thing I keep a journal, since it's hard to believe that it's been over a month since I've posted.  What on earth have I been doing?

Well, as I posted before we had ordered a new refrigerator and a new freezer.  We received those (thank goodness on different weekends) and once the cleaning of them was done, I started having fun on how I wanted to organize them.  I'm still working on that as I'm re-arranging items, but for the most part I'm there.  The upright freezer is another work in progress, even though it's about the same size as my old one. It's made differently with movable door bins, etc, so I'm still working on that one. 

We also purchased a beverage center. It can also serve as a wine cooler, but we wanted it to hold milk, choc milk, cream, juices, beer (can and long-neck bottles), white wine and some bottled water.  That piece arrived yesterday while I was at work, so DH got that one all cleaned and fixed up.

As for knitting, I finished the Portland Hoodie. The idea is that you can wear it as a hoodie or a cowl.  It's much tighter around my neck that it is on this model. I like the pattern and I like the Hoodie. I'm just not too find of the chunky yarn and the one I used is the Baby Alpaca and it sheds on everything. I put it over my head and the yarn is all over me, my lips, my eyes.....I just don't know if I'll wear it.  We don't get that many cold winters enough for me to wear it, so we'll see.
LeAnn and I took a Knit 1 Below Cowl class at Ewe & Company last week. It's a fun thing to do, both the class and the K1below method.  I'm using a solid bamboo for Color A and a blingy variegated for Color B.  The picture on the left shows it in its natural "at rest" state, then the picture on the right shows what it looks like spread open.  You can wear it with either the Color A on the outside or the Color B on the outside.
 

We have been having some unseasonably warm weather, although I think today is back to normal.  Last week we were in the mid to high 60's.  On Wednesday, DH picked me up from work and we had a picnic lunch at the park.  Yes, that is a full-scale replica of the Parthenon in the distance.  If you've never been to Nashville, there is this mammoth building in Centennial Park (not too far from Vanderbilt Univ), that's why Nashville is called the Athens of the south.  The weather was fabulous. The park is usually filled with people but because it was the day before a holiday, it was relatively quiet.
Thanksgiving Day was quiet. I did a little surfing on the net, a little knitting on the K1Below Cowl, prepared a small turkey breast and some cheesy hashbrowns, some turnip greens for DH and we played some colorku.  It was a great day.  I was back at work on Friday and the traffic was glorious.
This weekend's agenda. I'm going to work on my kitchen pantry. I need to re-organize and throw away some things that I know are out of date.  I also need to decide what to make for a friend of ours who is having his first baby.  DH made a special request that I knit something so I have until Dec 14th, which is when the shower is. I had better get busy.

On another note, I have decided to get my knees replaced a year early. The doc didn't want to do both knees at once, so I'm doing them separately, but only 2 months apart.  So, I'm planning on the first one to be the end of Feb, 1st week of March.  I know it will be painful and hard work, but there will be light at the end of that tunnel.  So I say.....BRING IT ON!!!

Comments

Kathy... said…
Good luck with your knees. I bet you will be soooo pleased. I have several friends who have had it done, and couldn't be happier!! My mom too, but she was older. I would not hesitate to have it done, if needed, that's for sure. Keep us posted.

Our Iowa weather is still all messed up! It's warmer than normal, and the dry continues. I hate driving on ice and snow, but that's really what we need. We need a long hard winter - to kill the bugs and such, and try to replenish moisture. But...guess it's not in my hands, is it?

Have a great Holiday if I don't "talk" to you again. I'm doing the last minute finish up handmade gift thing. Each year I promise myself that won't happen. Slow learner, I guess. LOL. Take care - k