FO Sunday and Kumihimo Loom

I finished the Yoked Cardigan in time for the shower. I didn't have time to knit a pair of booties to go with it, but I'll have ample opportunity to knit more items for the baby girl....Stella.  She's due to arrive sometime around August 1. The shower was a success and she received all kinds of goodies.

Deciding on the buttons was the toughest part on this sweater. After much exhibiting buttons from my stash and polling for opinions, I went to the LYS and looked at some more. I decided on some nice subdued pink ones. I really like them.



While at Stitches in April, we came across a vendor selling Kumihimo Looms. These are pretty cool items that make a decorative cord that can be used for necklaces, friendship bracelets, lanyards, scissor fobs, etc. So in practicing and using the threads that came in the kit, below are my two samples. I bought a couple of other little "kits" and will get those ready next. The Kumihimo is very easy to use and is actually quite mindless. Easy to do while watching tv. One of the kits I bought will be using beads, so that will be fun and they are blue too. :-)  I probably won't do anything with these samples other than look at them, but wanted to show them off.  The loom is made out of material similar to a nice pair of flip flops. It's very sturdy.



Comments

Kat said…
Absolutely darling cardigan! What a lucky baby to be!