WIPW - Augustine Shawlette

I don't normally get to post on Wednesday but thought I might be able to today and here I am.  This is for Tami's Amis WIP Wednesday and feel free to hop over to her blog and see what everyone else is working on.

I started the Augustine on Mother's Day and so far it's fun. I'm still on the increase part and still on the first ball of yarn. I'm using Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo. I love this yarn and have used it for several baby projects. It's so soft. I don't know how well it will do to maintain it's shape but really this project won't mind. While it looks ribbed for now, once complete, it will have dropped stitches. Similar to the baktus in that you incease until you get halfway through your yarn and then you decrease. I bought the yarn on sale at my LYS and I believe I have 5 balls and each ball is approx. 104 yards.  We'll see how long it appears to be after 2 balls used so I make sure to have enough yardage for the decreases, since we know that no two balls of yarn are the exact yardage.

Comments