Fall is in the air

Cooler weather is finally here, at least this weekend. I think we're supposed to have some warm weather again this week, but this weekend has been fabulous.
I had to go into town yesterday to get new brakes, yep, actually had to start my car on the weekend, which I rarely do. Anyway, it was brisk when I left, so I put on the poncho that I finished earlier this year and it was PERFECT!!!  Why did these articles of clothing go out of style?? I don't think I ever wore them in the 70's when I was a teenager, but realize now that I really like them. I may have to make another. let everyone think I'm geeky and out of style.  The best part of being 55 is that I don't care. :-)  Anyway, the poncho was just warm enough on my shoulders and upper back, not confining around the arms like a sweater or a jacket, it was perfect. It will be worn again!!

While waiting on the brake job, I was working on my Charybdis socks. I think I'm at the heel now so I stopped working on them. I need to try them on to make sure.  I left the project in the car, so I don't have any updated photos.

I finished the knitting on the In Threes baby cardigan. It needs blocked, ends woven in and buttons, but it's adorable. It's knit in the Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, so it feels fabulous anyway!

I started another Criminal Knits KAL. This one is called Obsession and it's a 3-triangle shawl or 2-triangle kerchief. I started it in some of my handspun, but I only have enough for the kerchief. It's not feeling as soft as I would like, so I may end up stopping this one and casting on with Chiara and making the shawl size.


 
Another project that I finished is what I call the Titans Blanket. Titans is the Nashville pro football team and these are pretty much their colors. I used only 2 balls of the Bella Chenille.



 

At the time I started this I didn't really have a recipient in mind, however, I just found out that my cousin in France is having another baby and while the Titans would mean nothing to her, a blue/white baby bankie may be right up her alley. I don't typically buy this kind of yarn, but I gotta tell ya, it's fluffy and soft. It's a perfect size for a little nap or even a car seat.  The pattern was the granny dishcloth pattern where you start with 3 stitches and increase.....well you know the rest of it.

The other project I work on sporadically is the Kumi Loom.  This particular one came in a kit with the thread and the pendant.  The bobbins are just to keep the threads from tangling.
 

 The only decision I had to make was he necklace itself, did I want a spiral look or a speckled look.  You get this by how you place the thread on the Kumi Loom.

I opted for the spiral seen below.

This is what the speckled would look like.
(different colors of course)

Comments