Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and a time for giving thanks. I have a small list of what I'm giving thanks for:
- Life, breathing, living
- My dear husband, who I cherish with all my heart
- My family and friends
- my health and my job and the ability to help provide for my family
- my job provides the ability to feed my passion (knitting, spinning, etc) and having a 4-day weekend to spend time on my passion
- ability to see so that I can read and play with needles and spindles
- the use of all my fingers and toes
- ability to connect to the internet even though I'm out in the middle of nowhere
- the list goes on........
I think I mentioned in the last post that I finished the Yoked Cardigan. The adult size for me. I hadn't posted any pictures of it and these aren't the best, but all I can come up with. There is no pink in the middle of the sweater, it's just the lighting. It's a baby blue color in Queensland Bebe Cotsoy. It's very soft, it flows well and it sheds a lot. It's all over my black slacks by the end of the day, but I love it. My first finished sweater just for me.
As I was pawing through my yarn stash, in addition to finding some yarn to donate to Chris' prayer shawl ministry, I found a WIP bag. It was holding an almost finished triangular shawl on the needles (wondered where these needles were) and 4 balls of yarn left. No time like the present to finish up a WIP, right? I decided to pull 2 of the balls out and make a Wham Bam Cowl. The shawl itself I'll probably donate to Hospice. I'll post a pic of the shawl once that is completed. I just started the 2nd ball for the cowl so it won't have much more to go. This is knit with Plymouth Expressions which is also discontinued (according to Ravelry)
So this weekend I'll finish the shawl and the cowl and will also work on the Mudita. I'm also going full speed ahead on the log cabin blanket with my project leftovers and handspun. I'll try to post of it's progress sometime over these 4 days.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and turkey with all the fixins'.