A long time gone and bout time I'm back!

I know, I know. I've been gone forever. I feel like I need to apologize to my blog and for everyone who reads it from time to time.  I know you guys have all given up on me.  I took a little break from social media to rein in my feelings about what was going  on in the world.  I did post pics on IG for timeline purposes and kept up my projects on Ravelry, but very limited interaction on both. Even my friends were wondering what had happened to me. So, I'm back and we'll see how it goes.

A lot has happened in the year and half since I've posted. I believe I mentioned in the last post that we disconnected our satellite TV service 2015 and it has been wonderful. Not only for the monthly savings, but also for the time spent in front of the tv. So while DH and I still spend time on the couch in the evenings, we spend it listening to an audiobook, or some music on Pandora, or just quiet time, each of us doing our own thing. It's been lovely and we don't miss tv.

The last couple of months have been a little trying on the family side. My Dad suffered a stroke right before Labor Day which has affected his memory.  Still working through some personal feelings on this one.  A couple of weeks ago my brother lost his wife of 20 years to cancer, she battled it for way too long and now she is in peace.  I will miss her very much.

I have been knitting a lot, have a very strong renewed interest in sewing and quilting and I've been dabbling in some embroidery as well.  I was telling my DH just last night, that while I have been spending time in my hobby room on the weekends in front of my sewing machine, I've not done any spinning in several months. So I hope to remedy that this weekend or at least over Thanksgiving's 4-day holiday.

Speaking of the hobby room. We are working on clearing out an extra room in the house that is connected to my existing hobby room with a jack n jill bathroom.  My DH and I currently share the existing hobby room and the new one will belong to just me. I'm so excited!!!!  So, I'm in the planning stages of it and will make it more of a sewing room and I will also have a dedicated table for my knitting machine. I am planning a cutting island as well. Most of the furniture I will get from Ikea so stay tuned.

Here are a few pics of what I've been doing:

Crumb blocks. I love making these when I just want to sit at my sewing machine and do mindless sewing. I use small pieces and just connect them any which way.  I made a tutorial for them here.
 I will connect the blocks at some point, I still have more of them to put borders on. I made one larger crumb block and made a knitting project bag.



To aid in my sewing I made these pincushions. I've since given one of them away.




My first finished embroidery project. This was done on yellow linen (looks white due to flash)
I've since framed it in a blue frame.

Back in mid 2016 I bought some I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby to make a baby blanket for a coworker. I bought dark green and light green to make a tortoise shell pattern. (the dad loved ninja turtles). I had yarn leftover and thought I could make some squares for the pinwheel blanket. (I had started a fingering weight pinwheel with leftover sock yarn and that was taking a while). My friend said "wouldn't it be pretty in different colors?" So back to HL I went to buy more colors.  This yarn is like the Energizer bunny....it just keeps going.  So below is what I have made with the yarn so far, All of these projects are in Ravelry if you want to see the patterns.

The turtle blanket.

Dean's blanket.

Purl Soho's My Favorite Blanket

Rainbow Feather and Fan blanket
 Pinwheel blanket

Scarf ... I just sort of winged this one.  I gave this one to my brother because he said he wanted a long scarf with lots of wild colors.  This one was 30 stitches wide. I'm making another with more of the leftovers but the next one isn't as wide. 15-18 stitches I think.


Gnorbert was a test-knit which I ended up giving to Ann because she has a gnome garden. However, this little guy stays in her house, on her mantel.



That's all for today. I'll post again in December.  I anticipate 2018 to be very busy, so stay tuned.







Comments