Weather changes and knitting project update

Yep, weather has been warm, then chilly, then warm again, then cold again. It's hard to know how to dress for it, then the weatherman can't get the forecast right.  Then germs start getting passed around and next thing you know.....bam! Someone gets sick.  It hit me Friday night with some dry coughing. I thought it was just a little dry, didn't think anything of it. Saturday told another story. I did manage a couple of hours in the hobby room, but after that I was down. I would lie down for hours and sleep, get up and sit like a zombie on the couch with some hot tea for a little while, only to go back and lie down again.  That continued through Monday. Tuesday I felt a little better, but not good enough to go sit in the hobby room, so I would just knit a little bit.  Then off to work on Wednesday and they sent me home to work from home. So here I sit, monitoring email and doing a little surfing.

While I was sick over the weekend, and didn't feel like going into the hobby room (aka sewing and quilting), I worked on my Giant Square Scrappy Blanket which is mostly all knitting in the round except for the increases every other row.  I've made good progress on it and I've been using up some more of the sock yarn scraps.  It's quite a bit bigger than the pic below, but I haven't taken a new pic of it yet.

The other item I'm working on steadily is the ZickZack scarf. This one is fun and I love watching how the colors play together. This is a free pattern and well worth the cost. :-)  I'm using 2 balls of Indulgence (sadly a discontinued yarn) and you alternate using the yarn every 2 rows. You let the colors play as they will.

That's it for now.  Quilting update later.

Comments