Creative use of Fabric

While I have been sewing since I was a young lass, I am still constantly amazed at the creative use of fabric.  Browse anywhere and you can find some really cool things.  The use of the fabric may not be the theme of the article or the video, but if you look, you can find them.

I am in the planning stages of a new hobby room. I have been sharing my current hobby room with my Man, but I really needed more room. I thought of an outdoor building, my own cabin so to speak, but I didn't want to spend the money on that. So I am taking over an extra room in the house. While we are working on where to put the stuff that is in it, I'm working on the planning of it on the side.  So I peruse Pinterest, blogs, magazines and yes, even YouTube, on quilting rooms, hobby rooms, sewing rooms, etc.  They all have their themes and I'm trying to draw information from all of them, as mine will be a combination for sewing, quilting, weaving, spinning, etc.

While watching a YouTube video, I came across this photo. I paused the video and took a snapshot.  It's showing a very clean part of the sewing room but if you look up, you'll see the light cover made with strips of fabric.


Unfortunately I couldn't get a close-up of the shade as it would have distorted it too much, but you get the idea.  A very creative use of fabric.

Do you have any other creative uses?  Would love to hear about them.

Comments

I've heard of people wall papering with fabric. Also covering their sewing chair with something bright and happy from the stash. I like the idea of the light but wonder if the heat from the lightbulb would be problematic. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new hobby room!