April Fool's Day

Today, April Fool's Day, I remember all the bad jokes my brother used to play on my family on April Fool's Day. He used to make my mother so mad and sometimes made her cry.  I have forgiven him for those tricks, but sometimes when I remember them, it makes me shake my head. I don't understand the need for guys to play those kinds of jokes.  My DH will play a trick on me and cause me to cry and then he'll say "I was just joking". Really?  Argh!

Anyway, it has been a stressful week so yesterday, in order to get some of that negative energy out of my body, I worked on eliminating cookware that I don't use anymore and re-organized my cookware cabinet.  I made a good dent in my elimination process, and I'll probably do another round of it later this year.  It's like clothing, if you haven't worn it (used it) in a year, get rid of it.  Years ago I used to make cheesecakes and therefore had a couple of springform pans, yeah haven't used them in over 20 years.  Why the hell am I keeping them?  In the box they went! It feels great and it's liberating.  I have 2 very full banker boxes in my trunk ready for Goodwill.  I quickly put them in my trunk so I couldn't change my mind. 😏

While we had some nice weather, I sat outside and worked on a test knit and played with my camera. It was a beautiful day, not too warm, a little breezy, and sunny.  I'm working on a test knit for DebsDestiny and it's called the Stained Glass Cape.  I started off with a light blue base and some multicolored handspun for the stained glass effect. After knitting 3 sections, I decided I really didn't like it. I liked something with more contrast.  Then I got really busy at work, working late nights and had to stop knitting.  Picked it back up this week and decided on navy blue/white.

With the handspun that I was using in the frogged cape below, I am playing around with some crocheted hexagons.













This is the prior version, now frogged.


This is just one of the pics where I was playing with my camera.


Comments

Erika said…
I LOVE the color of the Valley Yarn, it will look super crocheted up!!
My Mom & I are getting ready to do a yon of spring cleaning.. Feels great to get rid of stuff!!!