Vacation, baseball and time for me


Yes, baseball season has begun. Too excited!!

A whole week off from work and I'm thrilled.  Since I have no back-up at work, it's hard for me to manage a week off.  I'm doing it this week and I'm not going to worry about it.  This will be my staycation, time for me, time for more spinning and working on my other fibery interests.  I like to take vacation at this time of year because it's usually springtime.  Not so much this year. It's cold, we had snow flurries yesterday morning and I don't think it was above 39 deg F. That's cold around here in April.

So while my fibery interests are mostly indoor, I do like to knit and spin outside. So we'll see what the week has in store for me.  Yesterday was my first day of vacation and I actually took a nap. I never do this. 2.5 hours. WOW.  and still went to bed at 10ish and slept until 8:30 this morning. Today I feel refreshed and ready to go.  Today is going to be mostly chores with some spinning or knitting mixed in.  Last weekend I eliminated a lot of cookware in my kitchen and re-organized my cabinets. I have a little more work to do on that as I still have some items remaining on my counter that I couldn't decide what to do with them. I'll need to decide that this week.  I have since donated that cookware to Goodwill. Some things I couldn't let go yet so I put them back in the cabinet and decided that if I didn't use them in the next year, they were going!  It's a liberating feeling. I'm going to do that with my clothes closet this week as well.

OK, so this is mostly a place-marker for the rest of the week.  I will be posting some updates on what I'm working on, some new fibery tools, and sadly, no finished projects.

Until tomorrow.....

Comments

Enjoy your staycation! I love them too and it's nice to have a week to do exactly what I want to do!