Happy to be Knitting again

Yes, I took a little break from knitting, not sure if it was on purpose, but I was doing some crocheted hexagons and realized how much I was enjoying crocheting again.

I was lured into a ThroughTheLoops KAL for a Mystery Shawl.  I am using Miss Babs Woodbury and I'm enjoying the KAL. The clues arrive weekly for 6 weeks and we've had 2 clues so far.  The 2nd clue is a long one as it's 3 repeats of a 40 row pattern. Whew, that's a lot of knitting in one week.


The blue yarn is Mediterranean and the green is Ghoulish.  We haven't used the 2nd color as of yet, but I am looking forward to adding that in.  I have been drawn to green lately, a fascination really as I have never been a fan of green (well, except for the color of money). So, I'm excited to see how the green will play into the pattern.

I have also been crocheting some simple socks. I have completed one pair that I have been wearing and they are wonderful.  Knit with Kroy sock yarn with an E hook.  I've started 2 additional pair and I'm using D hook on one of them. Both new pair are also Kroy sock yarn.


I fell in love with a very easy crochet pattern called Mindless Scarf. It's so easy but looks more intricate than it should with the ease of the pattern.  I'm using Sausalito Yarn and using a G hook.  I'm not too thrilled with how the Sausalito got muddy in the middle, I much preferred the way it appeared on the right hand side of the picture, which was the beginning.  However, the scarf is very soft and I will continue. I am almost finished with ball #2 and I will end it with that.
I've not been doing any spinning except some support spindling from time to time.  I've got some gift knitting to do and I'm going to try to focus on that for a bit, especially after the KAL is complete.

Comments