Flu bug, weird weather and some crafting

Been awhile since I posted again. I always have good intentions........please forgive me.

I had the flu bug all last week, so sick. However, it was auction week at work, and since I have no back-up to my job, I had a co-worker bring home my laptop so that I could work from home.  Needless to say, I got very little rest, so here I sit over a week later, and still sick, but definitely on the mend.

I didn't get much crafting done last week, mainly due to being sick. I just didn't feel like it. I crocheted a little on some squares yesterday, using a Manadala ball of yarn. Interspersing some yellow/white from a Lion Brand ball of Ice Cream. They are both nice and soft.



A finished project, the beginnings of which I blogged about here, kind of took a turn as to what I did with the hexagons. The ones I had originally sewn together just didn't do it for me. I wanted something more scrappy.  So the below is the finished item and I crocheted around the perimeter with teal blue, yellow and bright pink. I'm happy with the finished project.  It's quite heavy and it mostly covers my side of the bed.





A little something that made me happy!  Beavis and Butthead houseshoes! I absolutely love them!!!



So while I was sick this week, not much crafting. Late yesterday afternoon, I decided to go in the sewing room and play a little. I had some placemats I purchased and decided to make a little bucket. Then I decided to add some fabric at the top to make a portable project bag. It's perfect!!



I'm still weaving loom shopping. I've about decided to get a small table loom so I can take it outside on a pretty day, probably the Louet Jane 40. It's an 8 shaft loom.  Then maybe in 6-12 months, after I've lived in my new hobby room for a while, I'll get a floor loom.  This is a bigger investment and takes more real estate in my room, so I want to make sure that I really enjoy weaving before I take that plunge.  I had pretty much decided on the Schacht Baby Wolf, but leaving my mind open for the Mighty Wolf. Time will tell. I'm taking a beginner's weaving class next month and will be learning on the Wolf Pup (4 shaft), but it will be great!

That's about it for now!

À tout à l'heure ..................

Comments