13 year Blogiversary

OMG.....how time flies!

My very first post was on May 23, 2006, so it's been 13 years today.  I know some years my posts have been a little non-existent, but I have more time in my life now to post, so hopefully it will be more often.

I'm in my 4th week of retirement and it's all good. I have been doing a little organizing and eliminating. Nothing too much all at one time. Just a little here and there. Earlier this week I did my clothes closet and I am donating a lot of clothing. Stuff I've kept for work purposes or some sentimental, out they went.  There were a few pieces I kept to use as patchwork on some sewing projects for sentimental purposes. :-)

I spent a little time with my loom and recently finished weaving this lovely yellow and pink project.  I still need to wet finish it.

This weekend is the Middle TN Fiber Festival. I am taking a class from Debbie Held, fiber/spinning artist and author extraordinaire. She writes spinning articles for Interweave.  I'm taking the Blending Board class so I can learn to do more with it.  I don't really need any fiber but I'll look around, I'm sure something will jump out at me.

One of my new purchases is a new electric spinner. This one is divine!!!!  It is so lightweight, but solid, spins like a dream and oh so quiet! I am in love.  It's the Starling Mini from Daedalus Spinning.


The bobbins look small but these hold at least 8 oz, depending on the thread size. This green/purple fiber was an 8 oz ball from Spinning Moon Farms and I have just a little left to spin and I still have plenty of room on that bobbin.  My main learning curve is the flyer.  My first wheel, Hansen mini-spinner, also electric, had a Woolee Winder. The Hansen is truly a mindless "zen spinning" experience.  The woolee winder makes it so easy, I can just spin and spin and not think about anything.  I find I'm doing that with this Starling and then remember I need to stop and move the hook. Too funny.  I love it though. Daedalus Spinning and Spotted Ewe Fibers will be at the Fiber Festival this weekend too.


In my foray of Inkle Weaving, I bought some tools from Handywoman. She handmakes all these tools upon order, but the delay in getting them is not bad. They are well-crafted and can't wait to use them.

Lastly, I made my way to my sewing machine to make this little bag. I wanted to try out using just one side of a zipper and while it was a little fiddly at first, I got the hang of it. I can see where this would be handy not having a zipper stop on the opposite side.  More to come, especially once my studio is done!




That's all for now.  Onwards to another year of blogging!

Comments