Sunday discussions

As our lives are not all about knitting, spinning, quilting or any other of our textile hobbies, today was the day where DH and I talked about my work benefit plans for the new year. So after we finally finished that discussion, I moved on to organizing my calendar for the new year. I had been making some changes to my format over the last half of the year and decided I liked that format. So...since I had already purchased a calendar for the new year, I thought I'd go ahead and get it ready.  So while I use my Google calendar for real appts (doc, dentist, oil chg, etc), I like to use my paper calendar for lots of other stuff. We spend so much time away from home and my fun projects, I like to carry stuff with me so I can refer back to it.

So, this year I made my own cover for it, with a few pockets. I have also gone the way of a pseudo bullet journal in that I have a KEY but that's mainly for identifying the section (Month) in where I have my Lists.
This works great for me and I love carrying it.


The KEY so that I can flip to the Tab for the month I need.

Just little notes or pictures that make me smile.

 While I keep my ongoing and completed projects in Ravelry, I don't always have on-line access and sometimes when I'm sitting somewhere with a few minutes free-time, I like to peruse my on-going and future projects. Maybe at the yarn store I can peruse the future list so I can determine if I want to look for yarn.
My TO DO list is all with Post-It notes, so that when something is completed, all I have to do is throw away the Post it note. I can move it from short-term (right side) to long term (future) at any time and vice-versa. This way I don't have to re-write lists.  If it's something I want to document the completion of, I'll put a date on it and place it in the calendar section, so I can memorialize it on my computer journal that I keep in Word.

I started a new spinning project yesterday, which was on my To Do list.  This is a 8 oz blend of merino/bamboo called In Bloom from Knittyandcolor. It's white/pink/blue/purple/green.







Comments