Goodbye 2011 and hello 2012

Hard to believe that 2011 is almost gone. It's not been a bad year, rather decent actually. Even though I was laid off a year ago November, we had thankfully saved enough and gotten our debt down to a manageable amount that I was able to stay at home and relax for a bit. I did alot of knitting, bought an e-spinner and spun a lot, spent wonderful Thursdays afternoons with my DF Christina, did quite a bit of de-cluttering and spent a lot of relaxing evenings with my DH. In July I took a contract job at a law firm and then around the first week of December I accepted a permanent position with a bank working with a start-up group financing some very exciting things. (airplanes, tractor-trailer rigs, restaurant equipment, etc) I'm extremely excited.

So, on to my list of Intentions from 2010 that I blogged about here. Let's recap how I did on those intentions. 1) good. I get on that bike 3 mornings a week, pretty religiously. 2) ok. Lost about 11 pounds, need to do better. 3) I'm hoping that the new job that starts in 2012 will be the one I love. 4) Yes, I have been. 5) yes, several lap blankets made and donated to Alive Hospice along with some preemie blankets. 6) haven't made much time for this one. 7) haven't done well on this one either 8) done well 9) doing better on this one too. 10) I did pretty good on this one until I started working at the law firm.

So, all in all, I think I did great on the important ones. It might seem lazy but I think I'll keep the same ones for 2012 and just hit them a little harder.

I welcome the new year with open arms. I think it's going to bring some good things to my family. I wish all the best to you and hope that 2012 proves to be a fruitful year.

Comments

Rebecca said…
sounds like 2011 was pretty darn good - i hop e2012 will be pretty darn great!